Sunday, September 2, 2012




Welcome to the world!
Riley came on his due date, August 31, 2012 at 12:28am. I went on a bike ride August 30 at 10am with grandma and Liam and then when Liam took his nap I started having contractions about 3pm. At 7:30pm they got more intense and Steve started to time them. I thought they would just go away but Steve said we needed to go to the hospital. Boy am I glad we left when we did at 9:30pm. I got to the hospital to find that I was 8cm dilated! Everything progressed pretty quickly and I was pushing after midnight (with an epidural, of course!) We are so blessed to have a wonderful healthy baby.


Why we chose the name Riley:

We simply like the name.

Why we chose his middle name to be Daniel:

New International Version (©1984)
But even if he does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up."  Daniel 3:18

Verse:17  our God whom we serve is able to deliver us
Here's the first part of their faith.
Lesson:
Overcoming faith knows God's abilities.
To have the kind of faith that take you through your trials, you have to be aware of what God can do!
»Hebrews 11:6-AV But without faith [it is] impossible to please [him]: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and [that] he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
You have to start with knowing who God is and what He can do.
Isaiah 40:12-31
We serve an awesome God!
»Jeremiah 32:17-AV Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, [and] there is nothing too hard for thee:
When we get our eyes off of God's abilities, and start looking at our own circumstances, we get things out of perspective.
We tend to "zoom-in" on our circumstances, and they look HUGE!
But if we would just step back, and put things into correct perspective, we'd realize that God was much, much bigger than our problems.

Verse:18  but if not ... we will not serve thy gods
Here's the second part of their faith, just as important as the first.
Lesson:
Overcoming faith trusts God's decisions.
It's not just knowing what God can do, but it's learning to step back and let God do what He wants, and acknowledge it as right.
Real faith is willing to trust God, no matter what the outcome it
» Job 13:15-AV Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.
Sometimes God answers our prayer the way we want Him to.
But sometimes He doesn't.
It's not always just a lack of faith or sin in our lives that keeps Him from doing things our way.
Sometimes it's because He knows best, and He needs to do it His way.
We need to grow up and mature as believers and realize that
Father knows best!

http://www.calvaryfullerton.org/Bstudy/27%20Dan/1995/27Dan03.htm

No comments: